With the increasing prevalence of various chronic diseases and the surging costs of healthcare and patient care across the world, the demand for healthcare insurance is growing rapidly. A healthcare insurance covers the surgical and medical expenses incurred during the treatment of the insured individual. Moreover, a healthcare insurance can reimburse the various expenses incurred during the treatment of the injury or illness or directly pay the healthcare providers for the treatment of the insured person.
On the other hand, disease insurance is used for covering the expenses incurred during the treatment of specific diseases, injuries, and illnesses such as cancer, paralysis, heart attack, sclerosis, kidney failure, and coma. This insurance provides coverage in cases of different medical events or disease diagnosis. Under the income protection policy, a fixed and regular replacement of income is provided if the insured individual is not able to work because of an illness or injury.
As per the Population Reference Bureau (PRB) report called Aging in the United States, the population of Americans in the age bracket—65 years and above is predicted to grow by more than double, that is, from 46 million to more than 98 million from 2016 to 2060. Furthermore, according to the report, the percentage share of geriatric people in the country’s total population will increase from 15% to around 24% from 2016 to 2060.
Hence, it is safe to say that due to the escalating healthcare costs, the surging geriatric population, and the growing incidence of chronic diseases in several countries, the industry will exhibit huge expansion all over the globe in the coming years.
Browse Full Report Competitive Landscape of Private Healthcare Insurance Industry Segmentation & Strategy
This study covers
- Major factors driving the market and their impact during the short, medium, and long terms
- Market restraints and their impact during the short, medium, and long terms
- Recent trends and evolving opportunities for the market participants
- Historical and the present size of the market segments and understand their comparative future potential
- Potential of on-demand logistics services, so the market players make informed decisions on the sales of their offerings
- Competitive scenario of various market segments across key countries in several regions for uncovering market opportunities for the stakeholders
- Major players operating in the market and their service offerings