You might encounter a ‘QuickBooks backup failed’ error many times while using QuickBooks. This error is essential for the users to rectify as it is directly related to company file data. And no business would want any loss in the data due to an error. You cannot backup a company file when you receive the QuickBooks backup failed error. Any damage in the company file could also cause this error. Let us look for appropriate solutions to get over this error. We have some easy methods for you to rectify this error quickly.
Call us directly at 1-855-856-0042 for all your queries. We have a team of technical experts who help users deal with many such errors. They could also help you with the ‘QuickBooks backup failed’ error.
Methods to get away with the QB backup failed error
Remove the ‘QuickBooks desktop backup error’ from your screen by following the methods below.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks connection has been lost
Method 1: Remove any special characters from your file
- Look for the company file
- Right-click on the file to rename it
- Type a name that has no unique character
- Finish naming it
If the first method did not resolve the ‘QuickBooks backup freezes’ error, move to other methods given below.
Method 2: Do not overwrite an existing file
- Whenever the desktop asks you to save a file to a location, select a proper location
- If it says the file name exists, do you wish to overwrite the file
- Always tap on no
- Rename the file that is different from the existing file
Method 3: Use the rebuild tool to repair the company file
- Head to the file menu and tap on Utilities
- Go to rebuild the data
- Click ok on the QuickBooks information window
- Let the tool repair the company file. It might take a few minutes for the tool to process the repair.
- The screen might seem stuck, but until your cursor is moving, the tool is repairing
- As it finishes, select ok
- Again, head to the file menu and then the utilities
- Tap on verify data
- The tool will check the issues
- In case QuickBooks does not find any problem select ok
- If there is any issue, then click on rebuild now
Method 4: Repair file using QB file doctor
- Download the tool hub on your desktop
- Open the file once the download finishes
- Tap on it
- Start installing by continuing with instructions
- Agree to terms and conditions
- Open tool hub
- Go to company file issues
- Click on run QuickBooks file doctor. You can choose your company file
- Select check your file and then tap on continue
- Enter the admin credentials and select next
I hope we have provided enough solutions to eliminate the ‘QuickBooks backup failed error. Suppose you find any problem moving ahead with any step. Get in touch with our technical experts. Their expertise can help you eliminate the error in the shortest time.