QuickBooks users recently had a situation where installing QuickBooks Desktop and Payroll updates triggered QuickBooks Desktop Error 15311. This error falls under the group of the 15311 series of errors, and such errors mainly affect the update function of the QuickBooks Desktop application. There are various 15311 series of errors that you might experience if there are faults in Windows and QuickBooks setup. If you are looking to resolve this issue, then you can follow the steps mentioned in this article.
QuickBooks Error 15311 can turn irreversible if not handled in time. For immediate technical assistance, you can contact our experts at +1(855)-738-0359.
Effective Solutions to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 15311
The following solutions have proved to be helpful in resolving QuickBooks Error Code 15311.
Solution 1:Reset QuickBooks Desktop Updates to Resolve the Error
Resetting QuickBooks updates erase all previous updates downloaded by the user, which sometimes helps resolve errors 15311 if it results from a bug in any previous update.
- First, access QuickBooks Desktop, and from under the Help tab, click Update QuickBooks.
- Now head to the Update Now tab and checkmark the Reset the Updates checkbox.
- Now press Get Updates to download the updates of the application once again.
- Once QuickBooks download the updates, quit QuickBooks and reopen it.
- Now head back to the Update QuickBooks window and click Install Now option.
Recommended To Read :-Quickbooks Unable to Locate PDF Viewer
Solution 2: Reinstall QuickBooks in Windows Safe Mode to Rectify the Error
When you access Windows in Safe Mode, all other programs that might be interrupting the QuickBooks update gets disabled.
- Once the Windows is in Safe Mode, uninstall QuickBooks from the Uninstall a Program window and install the application again from QuickBooks Product Download Page.
- Now run the installation file from the downloads of your computer and follow the instructions to install the application.
- Lastly, download and install the payroll updates once again.
Solution 3: Run Reboot.bat Batch File to Reregister QuickBooks Files to Rectify the Error
Reboot.bat is a batch file that aids QuickBooks in reregistering.DLL and.OCX files.
- First, quit the QuickBooks Desktop application if running on Windows.
- Now right-click the QuickBooks icon on your Desktop and select Properties.
- Next, tap on Open File Location, and Windows will open the QuickBooks installation folder for you.
- Here ensure Windows Hidden Files and Folders are set to display.
- Now locate and right-click the Reboot.bat file.
- Choose Run as Administrator and wait until the Reboot file reregisters all the QuickBooks files.
- Once the black color command appears on the window, try to Update the QuickBooks Desktop application.