The QuickBooks error 1310 is a writing-to-file error that occurs when trying to install QuickBooks Desktop updates. It is one of the common QuickBooks errors that users face and can be easily fixed. The error arises when there is some problem with the application installer and there are other reasons for the error too. To know about the reasons and solutions for the QuickBooks Desktop error 1310 in detail, keep reading this article till the end. We are going to provide you with effective techniques to address the error code.
If you are unable to understand the steps to get rid of the error code or need help with the same, contact our support team at +1-855-856-0042 for assistance.
What Causes the Error 1310 During Installation?
The error code can pop up due to the following possible reasons –
- The installation requires more storage than is available on the hard drive.
- The user does not have Windows admin rights to update the application.
- You are using a write-protected installation drive to install QB updates.
- The hard drive or the storage file is corrupted or damaged causing an interruption in QuickBooks installation.
Addressing the Error Code 1310
Here’s how you can fix the QuickBooks error 1310 effectively –
Technique 1 – Use the QuickBooks Tool Hub
Download and install the QuickBooks Tool hub, if you haven’t already. Use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the tool hub and fix the installation errors by running the scan process.
Technique 2 – Modify the User Account Control Settings
The UAC settings can be changed by following the steps below –
- Open the Run window and type Control Panel in it.
- Select User Accounts and click on Change user account control settings.
- Select Never Notify and press OK to turn off UAC. Select Always Notify to turn on UAC.
- Restart your PC and see if the QuickBooks error 1310 is fixed.
You may also read: QuickBooks Error 6144 82
Technique 3 – Assign Admin Access to the Installer
To install the application, the user needs admin rights. Error 1310 during installation can be fixed by assigning the user admin rights for accessing the installer.
- Open All Programs from the start menu and select Accessories.
- A command prompt will appear, right-click on it and select Run as Admin.
- Type icacls “C:\Config.msi”/T/C/grantadministrators:F in the prompt window and hit Enter.
- Exit the command prompt and try to perform QuickBooks installation to see if the error is resolved.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error 2000
Technique 4 – Register the Windows Installer Again
Re-register the installer and fix the QuickBooks error code 1310.
- Go to the Windows start menu and type unreg.
- Type regserver on the start menu and press Enter.
- Install the QuickBooks updates to see whether the error is fixed.
Fix the QuickBooks error 1310 using the 4 techniques given above. If you still encounter the error code, you might need professional help. Reach out to our technical team for immediate assistance with the error by dialing +1-855-856-0042.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 1618