Surgical Microscopes Industry Overview
The global surgical microscopes market size was valued at USD 1.1 billion in 2021 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.37% from 2022 to 2030.
An increasing number of surgical procedures, demand for more precision, and emerging technologies, such as wide-angle illumination, red reflex illumination, and augmented reality (AR) microscopy are expected to boost the market growth. Surgical microscopes have become an essential tool for minimally invasive procedures in several fields, including neurosurgery, ophthalmic surgery, dental surgery, otorhinolaryngology, and cosmetic surgery. Technological advancements in the product have significantly improved vision, stability and sizing, positioning, and recording capabilities as well as helped in the integration of image-guided microscope systems for better outcomes. They offer 3D visualization, optimum lighting, and magnification of deep surgical fields through small approaches.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Surgical Microscopes Market
Apart from clinical benefits, surgeons physically benefit from these microscopes as they allow them to adjust their posture while performing long and complicated procedures. These advantages, coupled with the rapid adoption of microsurgery, are fueling the market growth.
Moreover, surgical microscopes have revolutionized the field of minimally invasive surgeries as they allow surgeons to perform surgeries with maximum precision on actual pathology by magnifying the surrounding anatomical structures, resulting in improved patient outcomes with a shorter duration of procedures and rapid recovery. In addition, limitations of open surgeries have been significantly eliminated by integrating the workflow in operating rooms.
The majority of surgeons are adopting minimally invasive surgeries in various surgical fields worldwide. Furthermore, people in emerging economies are willing to pay for premium quality services due to increasing disposable income, which is expected to boost demand for minimally invasive surgeries, which in turn is anticipated to drive market growth during the forecast period.
Improvements in healthcare infrastructure and the adoption of technologically advanced devices in developing countries have significantly improved patient outcomes. Furthermore, owing to rising disposal income, individuals are opting for expensive medical procedures such as minimally invasive surgeries that require the use of surgical microscopes as they offer better resolution and magnification. The aforementioned factors are leading to increased demand for advanced medical equipment such as surgical microscopes, driving market growth.
Browse through Grand View Research's Medical Devices Industry Research Reports.
- Augmented Reality Market – The global augmented reality market size was estimated at USD 25.33 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 40.9% from 2022 to 2030. Companies are putting a strong emphasis on finding unique ways to exploit the potential of augmented reality (AR) technology and providing a unique and interactive experience to end-users is expected to drive the growth of the market over the forecast period.
- Microscope Market – The global microscope market size was valued at USD 10.3 billion in 2021 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.97% from 2022 to 2030. The growing application scope and high demand for technologically advanced magnification devices are the factors driving the market. High demand from the healthcare sector and the rapidly growing semiconductor industry are also among the key factors boosting the market growth.
Surgical Microscopes Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global surgical microscopes market based on type, application, end-use, and region:
Surgical Microscopes Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- On Casters
- Wall Mounted
- Ceiling Mounted
Surgical Microscopes Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Neurosurgery and Spine Surgery
- ENT Surgery
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeries
- Other Surgeries
Surgical Microscopes End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Physician Clinics and Other Settings
Surgical Microscopes Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Market Share Insights
- March 2020: Carl Zeiss acquired Saxonia Systems AG, a customized software solution provider. The acquired company now operates as Carl Zeiss Digital Innovation, offering customized software solutions to the customers.
- July 2019: Mater Private Hospital Brisbane installed the city’s first 3D robotic surgical microscope in the neurosurgery operating theaters.
- April 2019: Med X Change launched 4Klear “Lite” camera-only version.
- February 2019: Danaher Corporation acquired the Biopharma business of GE Healthcare, which also includes microscopy products the company.
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the global surgical microscopes market include
- Carl Zeiss Meditec AG
- Olympus Corporation
- Leica Microsystems
- Alcon, Inc.
- Takagi Seiko Co., Ltd.
- Topcon Corporation
- Seiler Instrument, Inc.
- Haag-Streit Surgical Gmbh
- ARI Medical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Synaptive Medical
- Chammed Co, Ltd.
Order a free sample PDF of the Surgical Microscopes Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519