Surgical ENT Devices Industry Overview
The global surgical ENT devices market size was valued at USD 6.9 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.67% from 2022 to 2030.
The increasing prevalence of ENT disorders, technological advancements in surgical ENT devices, and increasing demand for minimally invasive surgical procedures are factors likely to propel the market growth during the forecast period. In addition to the aforementioned factors, measures to increase the adoption of cochlear implants can affect the market growth positively.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Surgical ENT Devices Market
As per the WHO, 5% of the global population suffers from hearing loss, which is nearly 432 million adults and 34 million children. By 2050, 2.5 billion people are expected to suffer from hearing loss, of which 700 million will require a hearing aid or surgery, increasing the demand for cochlear implant devices. Tonsillitis is another prevalent ENT disorder. According to the latest report by PubMed, 600 million people worldwide have tonsilitis, wherein the prevalence of the disorder is highest in children and requires surgery. The growing prevalence of ENT disorders that require surgery is increasing the demand for ENT surgical devices.
Over the past decade, there has been rapid advancement in healthcare technologies, including surgical devices for otorhinolaryngology. Electromagnetic image-guided surgery systems and Fusion ENT navigation are two of the key trending technologies, offering high accuracy, ease of use, and expandability. Robotic surgery is one of the major technological advancements transforming ENT surgeries. Robotic surgical devices are making surgery minimally invasive by offering the advantage of ED-enhanced visualization. Rapid advancements in technology are boosting the demand for advanced surgical devices for better patient outcomes.
Browse through Grand View Research's Medical Devices Industry Research Reports.
- ENT Devices Market – The global ENT devices market size was valued at USD 21.9 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.69% from 2022 to 2030. Increasing penetration of minimally invasive ENT procedures, increasing prevalence of ENT-related disorders, and rising geriatric population are among the key trends stimulating market growth.
- Surgical Equipment Market – The global surgical equipment market size was valued at USD 14.34 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.3% from 2022 to 2030. Factors such rising geriatric population, rise in the incidence of lifestyle diseases that eventually require surgery, growing healthcare costs, and large unmet surgical needs are primarily driving the market.
Surgical ENT Devices Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global surgical ENT devices market based on product and region:
Surgical ENT Device Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Radiofrequency Handpieces
- Sinus Stents
- Powered Surgical Instruments
- Rigid Endoscopes
- Otological Endoscopes
- Sinus Balloon Dilation Devices
- Otological Drill Burrs
- ENT Hand Instruments
- Tympanostomy Tubes
- Nasal Packing Devices
Surgical ENT Device End Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Specialty Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Surgical ENT Device Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Market Share Insights
- September 2021: A software solution for TruDi Navigation System by Johnson & Johnson. Geographic expansion by establishing subsidiaries and acquisitions further contributes significantly to rivalry in the market.
- April 2021: Recent launches include H-SteriScope, a line of five single-use endoscopes by Olympus Corporation.
- January 2021: Olympus Corporation and Hitachi Ltd. announced a 5-year contract agreement to jointly develop Endoscopic Ultrasound Systems (EUS).
- October 2020: Starkey and OrCam Technologies announced a partnership in assistive technology solutions. The partnership will deliver a single solution to people who have both vision and hearing loss by combining wearable OrCam MyEye devices with Livio Edge AI hearing aids via a wireless connection.
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the global surgical ENT devices market include
- Medtronic plc
- Olympus Corporation
- Richard Wolf GmbH
- ZEISS Group
- Smith & Nephew
- Johnson & Johnson
- Integra LifeSciences
- HOYA Corporation
Order a free sample PDF of the Surgical ENT Devices Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519