Spirometer Industry Overview
The global spirometer market size was valued at USD 955.8 million in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.13% from 2022 to 2030.
An increase in the prevalence of chronic respiratory diseases, growing preference for home healthcare, and technological advancements are expected to drive the market. As per World Health Organization(WHO), 90% of the world's population breathes polluted air. Pollutants and irritants have various adverse effects on the lungs.
The spirometry equipment aids in the diagnosis of various respiratory diseases, such as obstructive chronic lung disease, emphysema, asthma, and other breathing disorders for screening in an occupational environment. The global increase in COPD cases is likely to increase the demand for spirometers in the coming years.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Spirometer Market
To simplify the complex procedure involved in pulmonary function testing for patients as well as medical professionals, companies are developing spirometers with improved design and features. The main objective is to develop spirometers with higher yield and improved patient comfort without complications. In addition, companies are also adopting innovative packaging procedures to prevent any type of bacterial infection. Such technological improvements make the testing procedures easier and simpler for patients.
The use of spirometry for asthma diagnosis is not frequent in pediatric patients, especially in resource-poor countries where the burden of non-communicable diseases is higher. Strategies to increase the utilization of spirometry assessment can reduce the burden of non-communicable diseases. Thus, increased efforts to provide pediatric care and the use of modern spirometry devices that standardize test results and provide quick responses are anticipated to drive the growth of the market.
In recent years, the preference for home healthcare has increased among patients. The idea of providing treatment to patients in the comfort of their homes is a major factor propelling the growth of the market. The development of tele-spirometers is a result of the rising preference for home healthcare.
The growing elderly population is another significant driver fueling the market's growth. This population category is predisposed to a variety of chronic respiratory disorders that can be identified through spirometry. Additionally, growing consumer awareness of sophisticated diagnostic techniques is boosting the market growth.
Numerous technical improvements, such as the emergence of compact and portable spirometers that connect to smart devices, have made it possible for clinicians and hospitals to readily obtain patient data. Increased R&D to develop more efficient products is also predicted to boost the growth of the market.
Browse through Grand View Research's Medical Devices Industry Research Reports.
- Telemedicine Market – The telemedicine market size was valued at USD 70.4 billion in 2021 and is estimated to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 19.5% from 2022 to 2030. The growing need to reduce the cost of care, consolidation across the industry, and other strategic initiatives by key companies are some of the main drivers of this market.
- mHealth Market – The global mHealth market size was valued at USD 50.7 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.0% from 2022 to 2030. The rising focus on improving personal health and fitness using smart devices and wearables is the major factor accelerating market growth.
Spirometer Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global spirometer market based on product, technology, application, end-use, and region:
Spirometer Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2030)
- Hand Held
- Table Top
- Consumables & Accessories
Spirometer Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2030)
- Volume Measurement
- Flow Measurement
- Peak Flow Measurement
Spirometer Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2030)
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
Spirometer End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2030)
- Hospitals and Clinics
- Home Healthcare
Spirometer Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Market Share Insights
- July 2020: A survey conducted in the U.K. revealed that CF patients monitoring their lung functions at home using NuvoAir’s smartphone application and handheld spirometer observed a 30% reduction in their scheduled & urgent in-person consultations.
- April 2020: Aluna, a San Francisco-based company, launched its FDA-approved portable digital spirometer, helping patients monitor their lung health at home.
- January 2020: NuvoAir partnered with Roche Italy, wherein Roche will distribute NuvoAir’s digital respiratory technology to cystic fibrosis centers across Italy. This is expected to intensify the competition in the market over the forecast period.
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the global spirometer market include
- Smiths Medical
- Vyaire Medical, Inc.
- SDI Diagnostics
- nSpire Health Inc.
- Fukuda Sangyo Co. Ltd.
- Geratherm Respiratory AG
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Welch Allyn
Order a free sample PDF of the Spirometer Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519