Sex Toys Industry Overview
The global sex toys market size was valued at USD 30.48 billion in 2021. It is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.4% from 2022 to 2030.
Increased spending capacities and improved standard of living in developing economies are the factors expected to drive market growth during the forecast period. Novelty adult products are gaining a mainstream position in the sexual wellness industry with their growing popularity among all age groups. Acceptance of the LGBTQ+ community and growing interest among women toward experimenting with sexual wellness products without hesitation is promoting the adoption of such products and hence, driving the market growth. Liberalization, penetration of social media, and the influence of pop culture have resulted in increasing awareness about the importance of sexual health. Moreover, the nonexistence of manufacturing regulations allows the manufacturers to develop female and male-centric products without any restrictions on reporting the material or chemical used in the products. Manufacturers are thus at liberty to develop many products under the label of novelty toys. Products such as vibrators, dildos, and e-stimulators are widely used by both genders for sexual stimulation.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Sex Toys Market
The increasing popularity of sex toys has been observed worldwide. Women, as well as couples, are experimenting with sex toys such as Bluetooth vibrators, luxury love toys, romantic toys, and automated toys, to enhance the sexual experience while making love or masturbating. Sex toys are also known to have medical benefits. They are helpful in the treatment of menopausal symptoms and neurological conditions such as lack of arousal. In men, toys help tackle sexual problems including premature ejaculation, lack of libido, and erectile dysfunction. Growing adoption of sex toys to treat these issues is likely to contribute to market growth in the coming years.
One of the growing trends in the sex toys industry is the adoption of cutting-edge technology for the development of innovative products. Virtual gadgets, remotely connected devices, robots, immersive entertainment, and augmented reality are factors expected to change the landscape of the market in the coming years. For instance, EXOLOVER PTY LTD. is an Australian startup that develops adult novelty devices using blockchain technology, allowing remote interaction and sharing real-time intimate sensations.
Browse through Grand View Research's Medical Devices Industry Research Reports.
- Augmented Reality Market – The global augmented reality market size was estimated at USD 25.33 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 40.9% from 2022 to 2030. Companies are putting a strong emphasis on finding unique ways to exploit the potential of augmented reality (AR) technology and providing a unique and interactive experience to end-users is expected to drive the growth of the market over the forecast period.
- Blockchain Technology Market – The global blockchain technology market size was valued at USD 5.92 billion in 2021 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 85.9% from 2022 to 2030. The market growth can be attributed to the increasing venture capital funding in blockchain technology companies.
Sex Toys Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global sex toys market based on type, distribution channel, product and region:
Sex Toys Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
Sex Toys Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Penis Rings
- Anal Toys
- Masturbation Sleeves
- Sex Dolls
Sex Toys Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Specialty Stores
- Mass Merchandizers
Sex Toys Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Market Share Insights
- March 2020: Online sales for PinkCherry’s Womanizer vibrator (produced by WOW Tech Group) increased after a stay-at-home campaign with billboards that read SCREAM YOUR OWN NAME was released at multiple sites.
- July 2019: LifeStyles Healthcare announced the launch of three new intimate accessories under its SKYN brand-SKYN Thrill, SKYN Vibes, and SKYN Shiver.
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the global sex toys market include
- Church & Dwight Co., Inc.
- Reckitt Benckiser Group plc
- LifeStyles Healthcare Pte Ltd
- Doc Johnson Enterprises
- Lovehoney Group Ltd
- BMS Factory
- Tenga Co., Ltd.
- Fun Factory
Order a free sample PDF of the Sex Toys Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519