QuickBooks is a bookkeeping software that has proved its efficiency by delivering trustworthy financial services. Many businesses have seen profitable growth and expansion after using QuickBooks to manage their accounting. The data stored as company files in QuickBooks can be shared with multiple users connected to the server computer. Unfortunately, sometimes the software fails to open these company files and notifies that QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost. If this error message also emerged on your PC while working on QuickBooks, keep reading the blog to find out everything you need to know about his error, including the counter methods.
A team of QB professionals can be approached for help by calling 1-855-856-0042.
About the issue
As soon as you give a command to open your company file, the software starts to set up a connection with the company file in its location. Suppose QuickBooks fails to locate the company file and connect with it. In that case, you’ll see an error message saying, “The connection to the company file has been lost. QuickBooks must close immediately…” and the software is most likely to shut down after this. That’ll happen every time you try to connect with the file, and you need to resolve this issue to gain access to the company file again.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks Error 181016
The potential reasons for the occurrence of this error in QuickBooks are given below
- QuickBooks may not have the required permissions to access the company file on your computer’s hard drive.
- QuickBooks has developed some internal issues due to a faulty installation on your computer.
- The company file you are trying to access exists in an unsupported format after dealing damage from a malware attack or data corruption.
The method mentioned below are appropriate to get rid of this error from QuickBooks-
Solution 1- Repair your company file, then move it to a different location on your hard drive
This error will likely occur if the company file is damaged or doesn’t exist in the location specified in QuickBooks. So, when the software tries to fetch or process the company file, it immediately develops an error. Follow the steps given below-
- Open the QuickBooks Tool hub on your computer.
- Click on Company file issuesand select Run QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
- Locate your company file and enter your admin password before starting the scan.
- Wait till the process is finished.
- Now, right-click on the file and click Copy.
- Move the file to a different folder and try to access it from there.
If the error still interrupts the process, try the next method.
Solution 2- Use Quick fix my program
It is possible that QuickBooks has some program files damaged due to a faulty installation which can cause this error. Follow the steps given below to use the QuickBooks Tool hub for repairing the software-
- Open the QuickBooks Tool hub and click on Program Problems.
- Select Quick fix my program and wait till the process is finished.
- Retry accessing your file in QuickBooks.
The issue will be fixed after using the methods mentioned above.
We are now at the end of this blog that defines why you are seeing QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost error message on your screen. The possible reasons for this error are included in the blog, along with some appropriate methods to fix the issue.
If any other issues bother you, get them fixed with the help of a QB ProAdvisor expert by calling 1-855-856-0042.