Issues while accessing the QuickBooks application can be faced by regular users from time to time. One common issue is the QuickBooks black and white screen issue, which prevents users from working on their company data. This issue can be irritating for the user, as it disrupts the normal functioning of the application. If you are facing the QuickBooks background turns black issue, you can follow the solutions provided below to address it.
You can reach out to us at 1-855-856-0042 to get assistance from our team of QB professionals in case you are unable to understand the steps or resolve the issue on your own.
Possible Causes for the QuickBooks Gray Screen Error
If your QuickBooks Desktop is black and white, the following reasons might be responsible for the issue –
- There is some corruption in your system, and the system files might not be working correctly.
- You are unable to run the company file in QuickBooks due to some damage, which can lead to accidental data loss.
- Your QuickBooks program is not running correctly, and there might be some general damage and technical glitches.
- The video card drivers are not updated to the latest release, and they have become incompatible with QB.
- Your Windows theme is customized, and you need to modify it to switch back to basic.
- The screen resolution settings are incorrect, and you need to reconfigure the screen settings.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks keeps crashing
Address the QuickBooks Black Fields Issue Once and for All
The QuickBooks black boxes error can be easily eradicated by using the solutions provided below –
Solution 1 – Update the Video Card Drivers and Change the Windows Theme
You need to ensure that the video card drivers are properly updated, and the Windows theme is set to basic.
- Open the Runwindow by pressing the Windows + R keys, and in the Run command window, type dxdiag in the text box.
- Hit Enterand select Dialog 1. Jot down Manufacturer/Model to download the necessary card driver updates on your system.
- Next, right-click anywhere on the desktop to click on the Personalizeoption from the pop-up menu.
- Select one of the Windows Basic Themesand open QuickBooks after restarting your computer to check if the screen issue is removed.
Solution 2 – Change the Screen Resolution from the Registry Editor
The QuickBooks gray screen error code can be resolved by modifying the screen resolution in the following manner –
- Launch the Registry Editor and access the exe file to move to the given file path – HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows.
- Now, increase the value of GDIProcessHandleQuota from 10000to 65535 and exit the Windows Registry Editor to reboot the system.
- Once the QuickBooks black boxes are removed, switch the value back to 10000 to run the QB application correctly.
You can easily rectify the QuickBooks black and white screen issue by using the solutions provided in this article. If the issue persists, you can call us at 1-855-856-0042 to get assistance from our dedicated team of QB experts.
Also read: A comprehensive guide to fix the QuickBooks error 1402