Real-time PCR, Digital PCR, And End-point PCR Industry Overview
The global real-time PCR, digital PCR, and end-point PCR market size are expected to reach USD 14.63 billion by 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to decline at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.2% from 2022 to 2030. However, the real global real-time PCR, digital PCR, and end-point PCR market without the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.0% from 2022 to 2030. Digital PCR is a novel technique for absolute quantification and analysis of minority sequences in the presence of similar majority sequences. dPCR allows for precise and sensitive nucleic acid measurement. In addition, real-time PCR provides precise and early diagnosis of diseases and rapid and targeted patient care hence anticipated to increase the demand in the coming years.
Real-time PCR, Digital PCR, And End-point PCR Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global real-time PCR, digital PCR, and end-point PCR market report based on technology, product, application, and region:
Based on the Technology Insights, the market is segmented into quantitative, digital and end-point
- The quantitative PCR segment held the largest revenue share of over 85.0% in 2021. This segment is driven by factors such as rapid technological advancements and increasing demand for automated systems and point-of-care diagnostics.
- The high adoption of technology supported by the introduction of products based on real-time PCR for screening and diagnosis of COVID-19 has increased the segment growth at an exponential rate.
- Digital PCR is a next-generation diagnostic technology for precise nucleic acid measurement. These systems have higher sensitivity and accuracy than other PCR-based techniques, which is expected to drive the market forward throughout the forecast period.
- The increasing introduction of innovative Droplet Digital PCR tests is anticipated to increase the application expansion over the forecast period.
Based on the Product Insights, the market is segmented into consumables & reagents, instruments and software & services
- The consumables and reagents segment held the largest revenue share of over 60.0% in 2021. This can be attributed to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, increased demand for earlier detection of disease, and the number of significant companies manufacturing digital PCR consumables and reagents.
- The widespread use of consumables and reagents and expanding demand for healthcare, research, and other purposes are supporting the large segment share. Moreover, the segment is anticipated to maintain its lead throughout the forecast period.
- The rising incidence of chronic conditions and the growing use of PCR has increased the requirement for consumables and reagents.
- The pharmaceutical and healthcare industries' rising acceptance of technology innovations and increased research and development will generate the significant potential for this market throughout the anticipated period.
Based on the Application Insights, the market is segmented into clinical, research and forensic
- The clinical segment held the largest revenue share of over 85.0% in 2021. This can be attributed to various factors, such as the rising prevalence of diseases including cancer, infectious diseases, and diabetes; high precision of testing methods; increasing commercialization of reagents for diagnostics; efficient disease diagnosis, monitoring, and treatment; and additional benefits in disease detection.
- Compared to currently available digital PCR technologies, it provides highly automated workflows with substantially faster time-to-result, more multiplexing, and greater throughput flexibility.
- The forensic segment is expected to register the fastest growth rate over the forecast period. The increasing use of novel techniques in forensic applications such as DNA typing, genetic fingerprinting, and DNA testing is anticipated to drive the segment over the forecast period.
- Moreover, improvements in existing technologies to prepare the library for forensic DNA typing from difficult samples are driving the segment.
Real-time PCR, Digital PCR, And End-point PCR Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
Major market players are adopting marketing strategies such as geographical expansion, partnerships, strategic collaborations, and mergers and acquisitions in emerging and economically favorable regions.
Some prominent players in the global real-time PCR, digital PCR, and end-point PCR market include:
- Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc.
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- GE Healthcare
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Fluidigm Corporation
Market Industry Development
- February 2022: F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd expanded the COVID-19 PCR tests in countries accepting the CE market. Company expansion is anticipated to increase its share in the market.
- April 2019: The QuantStudio 6 & 7 Pro RT-PCR Systems, which incorporate additional features such as facial identification, voice assistant, and RF identification, were introduced by Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- January 2019: QIAGEN has announced the development of a new generation of digital polymerase chain reaction equipment.
Order a free sample PDF of the Real-time PCR, Digital PCR, And End-point PCR Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519