By converting files to Portable Document Format (PDF), people can easily view and share their documents safely. QuickBooks allows users to print forms, paychecks, and various other documents directly from within the application. However, in recent days, while trying to print documents, many users have reported an error with the error message reading, “QuickBooks Detected that a Component Required to Create PDF Files is Missing.” Generally, such kinds of printing errors occur when the Adobe Reader application gets damaged or outdated. To make the troubleshooting procedure easy for you, we have come up with this post through which we will discuss the reasons that prompt printing errors, along with quick troubleshooting solutions for them.
LOOKING FOR TROUBLESHOOTING ASSISTANCE TO GET RID OF THE QUICKBOOKS DETECTED THAT A COMPONENT REQUIRED TO CREATE PDF FILES IS MISSING ERROR MESSAGE? FEEL FREE TO REACH OUR QUICKBOOKS SUPPORT TEAM AT (1-855)-856-0042 AND GET THE ERROR RESOLVED IMMEDIATELY.
What are the reasons that can trigger QuickBooks Missing PDF Component Error?
Apart from the damaged or outdated Adobe Reader, there can be a number of reasons due to which a user face QuickBooks Missing PDF Component error, such as:
- As the error message itself suggests, there is a missing PDF component due to which QuickBooks cannot execute the printing action.
What should be done to rectify the QuickBooks Detected that a Component Required to Create PDF Files is Missing error message?
Solution 1) Repair/Update the Adobe Reader application for Windows
Update the Adobe Reader application:
- Open the Windows Start menu, type “Adobe Reader” in the search box and then select Adobe Reader from the top of the list.
- Go to the Help menu and choose the Check for Updates option from the drop-down menu.
- Do as per the instructions you see on the Updater window to download and install the latest updates of Adobe Reader.
Recommended to Read: How to Resolve Quickbooks Error 6010 100
Repair the Adobe Reader Application for Windows:
- Open the Windows Start menu, type “Run” and select Run from the top of the list.
- In the Run command dialog box, type “appwiz.cpl” and then hit the OK button.
- Look for the Adobe Reader applications in the list of applications and select it.
- Click on the Repair option and then hit the Next button.
- Now, click on the Install option.
- Once Adobe Reader repairing is done, click on the Finish button.
- At last, restart the system.
Solution 2) Use QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair Tool from the QB Tool Hub.
- At first, download the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub (220.127.116.11) on the system and then open the downloaded file.
- Do as per the instructions you see on the screen and agree to the terms and conditions to install the QB Tool Hub.
- Open the QB Tool Hub, go to the Program Problems tab, and click on QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair Tool.
- Once the tool is done resolving the QuickBooks missing PDF component issue, open QuickBooks Desktop and try to print documents.
Even after following the troubleshooting steps that we have mentioned above in the post, if you are unable to print documents and getting the QuickBooks Missing PDF Component error message, then your QuickBooks Desktop may be outdated. Our recommendation for you is to update QuickBooks Desktop and see whether this resolves the error or not. You can also get in touch with the QuickBooks professionals by dialing at (1-855)-856-0042 and get the printing issues resolved immediately.
Source code: https://helpsfortech.com/error-quickbooks-detected-that-a-component-required-to-create-pdf-files-is-missing-how-and-why-to-fix-it/
Also read this blog: Learn how to resolve the “QuickBooks Outlook is Not Responding” issue