QuickBooks is a unique & amazing accounting application that has benefited thousands of companies across the world since its inception. However, some technical errors disturb the user experience while working on this software & one of these exasperating errors is the ‘QuickBooks Error The File Exists’.
This troublesome technical glitch can actually occur in several situations like getting new payroll updates, filing taxes, and accessing & submitting various official state and federal forms.
Just navigate through this detailed blog to obtain effective methods to rectify this problem.
Are you confronting ‘QuickBooks Error The File Exists’? Just dial 1-855-856-0042 to get the required assistance from our QB Experts Team.
The File Exists Error in QuickBooks: Most Probable Causes
The ‘The File Exists Error in QuickBooks’ occurs due to the reasons provided as follows:
- Glitches in the QB Desktop installation & not operating the QB application in admin mode can provoke this problem.
- Inaccurate or insufficient permissions to access the QuickBooks program file can trigger this issue.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks connection has been lost
Most Relevant Methods to Resolve QB Desktop The File Exists Error
The ‘QB Desktop The File Exists Error’ can be rectified using the methods described as follows:
Method 1: Properly ensure that the QB Desktop application gets updated on the system to fully resolve this problem
- To make sure that your QB Desktop gets updated, you shall first require to open it up, and after that, you should just hit the ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ option provided inside the ‘Help’ menu, and then you must go to the ‘Update Now’ tab located on the just-opened ‘Update QuickBooks’ window.
- Afterward, commence the downloading of the latest QB Desktop updates by hitting the ‘Get Updates’ button shown inside the ‘Update Now’ tab, and after you have completed the full download, you must close down the QB application only to reopen it again.
- At this point, navigate to the ‘Yes’ option shown on the screen & then hit that option to make sure that the recently-downloaded QB Desktop updates get successfully installed on your computer, and thereafter, you can reboot the system so that you can successfully update payroll & file the relevant taxes and forms.
Method 2: Obtain full access rights to the QB Desktop program file (‘QBW32.exe’) to easily eradicate this technical glitch
- First of all, access the ‘C: drive’ on your system so that you can launch the ‘QuickBooks Desktop’ folder on the screen, and then you shall find the QB Desktop program file (‘QBW32.exe’) inside that folder easily.
- Afterward, carefully right-click on the valid icon of the ‘QBW32.exe’ file so that you can strike the ‘Properties’ tab and then shift immediately to the ‘Security’ tab located on the just-opened ‘Properties’ window on the computer’s screen.
- Now, navigate to the ‘Edit’ section & then tap the ‘Add’ option so that you can write ‘Everyone’ in the relevant box, after which you shall just mark the ‘Full Control’ checkbox within that section.
- Furthermore, you will also tap the ‘Add’ option to write ‘Users’ in the on-screen box, following which you shall need to properly check the ‘Full Control’ checkbox to complete the process.
- At this point, execute the edited settings by hitting the ‘Apply’ & the ‘OK’ options, after which you can resume the payroll update process in QuickBooks.
‘QuickBooks Error The File Exists’ will get completely removed from the system through the proper implementation of the methods explained above. For more guidance, dial 1-855-856-0042 to contact our QB ProAdvisor Professionals Team.