There are several instances when a user can face QuickBooks error PS033, and among them, the most common ones are while trying to open the company file or download a payroll update in QuickBooks Desktop. The error code pops up on the computer screen with an error message, which displays, “QuickBooks can’t read your payroll setup files. [Error PS033].” Generally, such an error happens when the security application installed on the user’s computer block QuickBooks Desktop from performing any actions. However, there can be other reasons also behind the existence of error PS033 that we are going to explain to you ahead in this post, along with the troubleshooting solutions.
Do you need immediate troubleshooting support fixing QuickBooks error PS033? If yes, feel free to speak to our technical support team just by giving us a call at the toll-free number 1.855.738.2784.
What can be the reasons causing QuickBooks error code PS033?
Down below, we have mentioned all the reasons that usually throw QuickBooks error code PS033:
- Any third-party security application installed on the computer is not letting QuickBooks Desktop connecting to the update server.
- The version of the QuickBooks Desktop you have on the system is outdated.
You May Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 40001
What are the best solutions to get rid of QuickBooks error PS033?
Solution 1) Use Windows Selective Startup mode to download the payroll updates
- On the computer, select the Windows Start menu.
- In the search column, enter “msconfig” and then select System Configuration from the top of the list.
- Select the Selective startup option and then the Load system services option on the General tab.
- Move on to the Services tab and choose the Hide all Microsoft Services checkbox (located at the bottom-left corner of the window).
- Choose the Disable all button.
- Clear the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- You need to ensure that the Windows Installer checkbox is marked in the list of services. If it is clear, checkmark the checkbox.
- Choose the OK button.
- When prompted, select the Restart button on the System Configuration Utility window.
Solution 2) Manually update QuickBooks Desktop using the administrator account
- Press the Windows key on the keyboard to choose the Start menu.
- Into the search box, enter “QuickBooks Desktop” and find the version of QuickBooks Desktop in the search results.
- Right-click the icon of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- If prompted, type in the admin username and password of QuickBooks.
- In QuickBooks Desktop, choose the Help located at the upper menu bar.
- Choose the Update QuickBooks Desktop option from the drop-down menu.
- Move to the Options tab and click on the Mark All button.
- Go to the Update Now tab, mark the Reset Updates checkbox, and then click on the Get Updates button.
- Exit out QuickBooks Desktop and open it again.
- At last, select the Yes button at the updater installer pop-up.
If QuickBooks error PS033 persists even after following all the troubleshooting solutions mentioned above in the post, then there are high chances that the CPS folder containing the payroll updates is damaged. Therefore, our suggestion for you is to rename the QuickBooks CPS folder and see whether this fixes the error or not. You can also get the payroll error fixed immediately by speaking to our QuickBooks professionals at the toll-free number 1.855.738.2784.
Recommended To Read : How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 83
Source URL; https://slideplayer.com/slide/18074834