Most of the technical glitches that frequently trouble QB Desktop application users are related to the company file & these technical problems usually come up on the screen with ‘6XXX’ error codes.
QuickBooks Error 6190 is a part of these error codes & it has been observed to mostly arise when some other user located on the network is accessing & operating the company file in the single-user mode.
Here’s the most reliable & precise technical blog that attempts to comprehensively explain this error along with required solutions.
Are you looking for professional help regarding QuickBooks Error 6190? Just dial 1-855-856-0042 to get guidance from our QB Experts Team.
What Are the Main Causes That Trigger ‘6190 QuickBooks Error Code’?
QB users usually experience a ‘6190 QuickBooks Error Code’ due to the reasons described below:
- This error can get triggered due to imperfect configuration files (‘.ND’ and ‘.TLG’) stored on the server system.
- Having defects inside the company file may make it impossible for QB users to access it easily.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks Error 6129 101
How Can ‘QB Desktop 6190 Company File Error Message’ Be Rectified?
You can use the resolutions provided below to fully eliminate ‘QB Desktop 6190 Company File Error Message’ on the system:
Resolution 1: Simply utilize the proper execution of ‘QuickBooks File Doctor’ utility to tackle this problem
- The first proper step is to access the official Intuit website through your valid web browser so that you are able to download the most recent edition of ‘QuickBooks Tool Hub’ on your computer; before initiating the download, you have to choose a relevant location like Windows Desktop for saving the downloaded file (‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’).
- Thereafter, move on to the appropriate location where you have kept the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file & after that, you need to execute that file so that you can accomplish the full installation of ‘QB Tool Hub’.
- Next, just double-click on the ‘QB Tool Hub’ icon to easily open it up, and after that, promptly shift to the ‘Company File Issues’ tab located within it in order to access the ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor’ utility.
- At this point, find the ‘Browse and Search’ option to easily load the required company file into this utility, following which you can easily enter the required QB admin password to run the ‘QB File Doctor’ tool.
- When you have precisely finished the entire execution of the ‘QB File Doctor’ utility, you can successfully utilize QuickBooks to access the required company file.
Resolution 2: Properly get the required configuration files (Network Data file & Transaction Log File) renamed to eradicate this issue
- Since the required configuration files are usually stored in the company file folder, you will first have to launch that folder & then you can look for those files that have ‘.ND’ and ‘.TLG’ as file extensions (Network Data file and Transaction Log File) inside that folder.
- Just thereafter, reach the icons of both these files and then right-click on those icons to properly select the ‘Rename’ option, following which you can attach a fresh word like ‘oldupkb’ to the end of these files’ names: ‘compnew.qbw.nd.oldupkb’ and ‘compnew.qbw.tlg.oldupkb.’
- Here, in the final step, you can hit the ‘Enter’ key to save the fresh names of these configuration files, following which you can jump to QuickBooks Desktop to access the data file easily.
Once you use these two resolutions correctly, QuickBooks Error 6190 will be fully extirpated. For further assistance, just dial 1-855-856-0042 to immediately connect with our QB Specialists Team.
Also read: QuickBooks company file not found: Causes and simple fixes!