Sometimes when you try to update your QuickBooks software to the latest version, you might face QuickBooks Error 15106. The error message indicates that the update program cannot be opened or is damaged. You might face this error because of your antivirus is restricting the update, and changing the antivirus settings might fix it for you. QuickBooks keeps introducing new features and facilities for its users with each new update. Thus, it is essential to keep the software updated to enjoy such facilities. This article intends to help you identify the cause behind the error and fix it at the earliest. So, go through this article until the very end.
To get instant assistance from our technical team in fixing QB error 15106, contact us at +1 800-579-9430.
What brings about QuickBooks Error code 15106
Here are the reasons which might bring about QuickBooks Error code 15106:-
- The antivirus application in your system is restricting the update of QuickBooks.
- You need to log in as the administrator to your computer.
Read more :- QuickBooks unable to backup company file
Steps to take when you face error 15106 in QuickBooks
To update QuickBooks to its latest version without facing a 15106 error, try performing the following solutions:-
Log in to your computer using an administrator account
To log in as an administrator, follow these simple steps:-
- Go to the windows search option and type
- Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon and click the option that says Run as Administrator.
- You’ll now have access to QuickBooks as an administrator.
Check the antivirus application on your computer
To uninstall the antivirus application on your computer, first check if it is causing the error in these steps:-
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Esc on your keyboard to open Task Manager.
- In the Processes Tab, locate [ANTIVIRUS].exe and click on it ([ANTIVIRUS] being the name of your antivirus software)
- If there is an error, uninstall your antivirus application.
- Finally, click on End Process.
Turn off the UAC on your computer
To turn the UAC off on your Windows:-
- Press Windows + R on your keyboard. This will open the Run
- Click on Control Panel and select
- Click on Change user account control settings.
- Turn the UAC off to Never Notify.
- Click on
- Reboot your System.
Re-install QuickBooks in Selective Startup mode
You’ll first need to switch your computer on in Selective Startup mode by:-
- Press Windows + Ron your keyboard. This will open the Run
- Type MSConfig and click on OK.
- In the General tab and click on Selective Startup and Load system services.
- In the Services tab, click on the Hide all Microsoft Services
- Click on Disable all.
- Go to the Hide all Microsoft Services checkbox and uncheck it.
- Click the OK option and finally reboot your system.
- Now uninstall the QuickBooks software and reinstall its latest version.
These are all the different methods you can use to rectify QuickBooks Error 15106. Keeping your QuickBooks software updated to the latest version is essential to access its new features and increase work efficiency. Follow the above methods in the given order for the best results. If the error remains even after executing the above solutions, contact our technical team at +1 800-579-9430 for instant assistance.
Related articles :-