QuickBooks Online (QBO) users often report several errors while trying to connect their bank account, and one of these banking errors is QuickBooks Error 103.
According to experts who have analyzed this error, QBO users confront rejection from the official bank server when their login credentials are invalid.
Detailed information about this technical error, along with suitable troubleshooting methods, is given in this blog.
Annoyed by QuickBooks Error 103? Just dial 1-855-856-0042 to get instant help from our QB Professionals Team.
What Are the Relevant Factors That Trigger ‘103 Error in QuickBooks’?
The ‘103 Error in QuickBooks’ arises due to the relevant reasons provided below:
- If the QBO user does not have valid sign-in credentials for the official bank account, then this error can easily get triggered.
- Having cache data & temporary files in the ‘Internet Explorer’ browser settings can also hinder a smooth connection to the bank account.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks Error 324
Different Step-Wise Methods to Tackle ‘103 Banking Error in QuickBooks Online.’
The ‘103 Banking Error in QuickBooks Online’ can be eliminated through the methods listed below:
Method 1: Validate the sign-in credentials from the bank website & then update accurate credentials in QB Online
- Firstly, access a fresh window through your preferred web browser to access the official bank website & then attempt to log into your bank account via the sign-in credentials that you currently possess.
- After entering the relevant sign-in credentials for the bank account, you just have to tap the ‘Sign-in’ button, and if you receive an error stating that the entered login credentials are incorrect, then you shall need to immediately generate fresh credentials via the bank website.
- Here, you can execute the process described on your bank website to instantly create fresh login credentials (username & password), and after generating new login credentials, you must move back to your QuickBooks Online account.
- At this step, access the ‘Banking’ section within QuickBooks Online and then choose the bank account connection that needs to be updated, and after that, simply hit the ‘Edit’ option so that you can update fresh credentials.
- Now, choose to tap the ‘Edit Sign-in Info’ option and then immediately type the fresh login credentials that you have generated, and thereafter, you can hit the ‘Save & Connect’ button to complete the entire process.
Method 2: Erase all the temporary files as well as cache data from the ‘Internet Explorer’ browser to effectively weed out this technical error
- In this detailed method, just hit the ‘Tools’ icon after opening up the ‘Internet Explorer’ browser & then reliably select the ‘Delete Browsing History’ option located just within the ‘Safety’ tab on the screen.
- Thereafter, move on to the ‘Delete Browsing History’ window so that you can mark the ‘Cookies and Website Data’ as well as ‘Temporary Internet Files and Website Files’ checkboxes, following which you can proceed immediately to tap the ‘Delete’ button.
- Now, close all the windows and then launch QuickBooks Online so that you can easily access your official bank account through it.
You have to carefully execute both methods to ensure the complete elimination of QuickBooks Error 103. For more guidance, dial 1-855-856-0042 to easily connect with our QB ProAdvisor Experts Team.
Also read: QuickBooks Error 6000 832: Quick Rectification Ways