One of the most frequent errors that users encounter is losing their data. In case you are using this software, you may find an extra folder that has new folders, and this Folder is called the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery folder, which basically makes a backup of your company’s files. In case you lose all your important data, this tool can help you to retrieve all of your crucial data. In this blog, we will be mentioning the steps on How to Use the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool to Restore the Data.
Our experts can provide you with step-by-step guidance; all you need to do is give us a quick call at +1(855)-738-0359.
Recommended To Read : QuickBooks Desktop Error 6144 82
Easy Steps to Use the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool to Restore the Data
Step 1: Recover lost data by using the original.TLG file with .QBW.adr.file
The Transaction Log file and the current version of ADR can be used to recover the present transactions that you have lost.
- First, create a new folder on your Desktop and name it QBTest and open the Folder where you have saved the company file.
- You will find the QuickBooks company file location on the Product Information screen and No Company Open Window.
- Now look for the .tlg file in your company file’s Folder, and the company file that you are looking for will have the same name as your company file.
- If you aren’t able to identify the .tlf file, then you have the follow the below-mentioned steps to Show the File Extension:
- First, click on the Windows +E keys to open File Explorer, select Organize option, and then choose Folder to search for options (Windows 10,8.1 and 8) to move further.
- Choose the View option to choose the File Name Extension and select the Hide Extensions for Known file types option.
- Once you have chosen the promoted option, click on Apply and then on the OK button.
- Once you found the .tlg file, copy and paste it into the QBTest folder that you made earlier on your Desktop.
- Now access the QuickBooks Auto Recovery folder and you will find it in the same location where your company file is stored.
- Now launch the QBTest folder and right-click on it. The QBW.adr file and select the Rename option.
- Now select the .adr option, which is located at the end of the file name, and delete it.
- Now in QuickBooks, launch the company file that you have stored in the QBTest folder.
- Further, check and confirm that All transactions are there in the file by using the account register.
- Now implement the given series of actions to make sure the data integrity: File >> Utilities >> Verify Data.
- Finally, you can now navigate to the damaged file to some other location and replace it with the copied file that you saved in the QBTest folder to the original location.
Step 2: Recover the Present transactions using the. QBW. adr and.TLG.adr files in QuickBooks
The. QBW and . TLG files for this solution can be found in the ADR format. All transactions prior to the last 12 hours should be recovered with this procedure.
- Firstly generate a new folder on your Desktop and name it QBTest then, by using the QuickBooks company file feature, open the QuickBooks Auto DataRecovery.
- It is now suggested to check the location of the company file on the product information screen by pressing the F2 keys or Ctrl + 1 keys and No company open window.
- Now access the.TLG.adr and .adr files, and these files have the same name as your company file.
- Now open File Explorer by pressing the Windows + E keys on your keyboard, choose Organise and then choose the Folder and Search options.
- Now choose the View option and then select File name extension.
- Further, select Hide extensions for known file types and finally choose to Apply, then an OK button
- Further, copy the.TLG.adr and .QBW.adr files and also paste them to the QBTest folder.
- Now opt for the two files and paste them into the QBTest folder and then erase them. adr
- You will then have to access QuickBooks and open the company file saved in the QBTest folder.
- It is also suggested to use the account register to verify the transactions.
- Now follow the listed series of actions to verify if the integrity of data is intact- File >> Utilities >> Verify Data.
- Lastly, in case the recovered data is not damaged in any way, then you can copy it from the QBTest folder and paste it into the original QuickBooks company file folder.
We hope through this guide; you were able to understand QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery. Nonetheless, if you have any other queries, then call our experts at +1(855)-738-0359.
Read More : QuickBooks Error Code 6210