Printed Electronics Industry Overview
The global printed electronics market size is projected to reach USD 52.58 billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 22.3% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The surging demand for flexible electronics at low manufacturing costs and the need for eco-friendly technologies is paving the way for increased adoption of the technology. In addition, the increasing penetration of Internet of Things (IoT) across the globe is proving to be a prime factor in pulling the market over the forecast period. The continuously growing demand for IoT in the telecommunication industry for enhancing the network and optimizing the performance along with operations is expected to propel the application of technology over the forecast period.
Printed Electronics Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global printed electronics market on the basis of material, technology, device, and region:
Based on the Material Insights, the market is segmented into Ink, Substrate.
- The ink materials segment accounted for the largest share of more than 78.00% in 2021. The segment is expected to retain its dominant position growing at the fastest growth rate during the forecast period.
- The substrate material segment is expected to witness the second-fastest growth rate over the forecast period. Printed electronics also extensively use flexible substrates. It lowers the cost of production and allows the fabrication of mechanically flexible circuits.
- The inkjet and screen-printing typically imprint rigid substrates like glass and silicon. While the mass-printing methods use flexible foil and paper. Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) is the most commonly used material for substrate owing to its low cost and higher temperature stability.
Based on the Device Insights, the market is segmented into Displays, Photovoltaic, Lighting, RFID, Others.
- The display devices segment accounted for the largest share of more than 36.00% of the global revenue. The segment is anticipated to maintain its dominance over the forecast years.
- Printed electronics technology is undergoing a steady adoption rate in other devices segment that includes printed batteries, sensors, medical & healthcare, and media. The RFID device segment is witnessing notable traction across the globe owing to the increasing application of RFID in the rapidly growing packaging industry.
- The RFID devices are witnessing rising demand in the packaging sector owing to their accuracy, authenticity, reliability, and cost-effectivity offered by them. On account of the aforementioned factors, the RFID device segment is expected to witness the fastest CAGR from 2022 to 2030.
- The photovoltaic devices segment also accounted for a significant revenue share in 2021 and will expand further at a steady CAGR from 2022 to 2030 on account of the rising usage of printed electronics in photovoltaic devices.
Based on the Technology Insights, the market is segmented into Inkjet, Screen, Gravure, Flexographic.
- The screen-printing technology segment dominated the global market in 2021 and accounted for the maximum share of more than 64.00% of the overall revenue. The segment is expected to continue dominating the global market over the forecast period.
- The screen-printing technology uses a mesh to transfer ink onto a substrate. High quality and durable outputs are obtained with this method of printing technology.
Printed Electronics Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
Companies are focusing on expanding their business across different regions to cater to the growing consumer demand. Companies are targeting emerging markets to expand their customer base through partnerships and acquisitions. The marketplace is witnessing a focused competition between the key players for understanding the market and establishing domination via rigorous R&D, innovative product launches, and enhancements in printing capabilities.
Some prominent players in the global printed electronics market include
- BASF SE
- Molex, Inc.
- PARC, a Xerox company
- E-Ink Holdings, Inc.
- Thin Film Electronics ASA
Order a free sample PDF of the Printed Electronics Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519