Population Health Management Industry Overview
The global population health management market size is expected to reach USD 280.8 billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 21.9% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The need for population health services that combine multiple functionalities is increasing due to the complex nature of care delivery and payment models. Population Health Management (PHM) solutions can process clinical, financial, and operational data that help improve efficiency and patient care. The health management program is also witnessing changes in medical reimbursement due to the increasing emphasis on value-based payment models and Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs).
Population Health Management Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global population health management market based on the product, end use, and region:
Based on the Product Insights, the market is segmented into Software, Services.
- The services segment dominated the market for population health management and accounted for the largest revenue share of more than 51.0% in 2021. Growing preference for in-house systems in hospitals and other care providers to avoid involving third parties to assess patient data is driving the services segment.
- As healthcare costs are increasing, manufacturers are investing in research and development to launch innovative products to help healthcare organizations.
- The product includes DOS Marts, Excel-friendly Analysis Tools, Population Builder: Stratification Module, Leading Wisely: Population Health, and Community Care as its technology components and PHM Solution Optimization and PHM Opportunity Analysis as its service components.
Based on the End-use Insights, the market is segmented into Payers, Providers, Employer Groups.
- The healthcare providers segment dominated the market for population health management and accounted for a revenue share of 48.7% in 2021.
- PHM improves clinical outcomes by aiding in better disease management, resulting in reduced in-patient stay and overall observation hours of physicians. Hence, providers can focus more on patient-centric care and reduce overall costs.
- Payers are the third-party entities that finance or reimburse the cost of health services. Predictive analytics competency gives payers an advantage over other providers in interpreting population behavior and unstructured clinical content. This competitive advantage is instrumental in increasing the demand for PHM software for payers and is expected to propel segment growth significantly over the forecast period.
Population Health Management Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The companies' strategic initiatives to strengthen their market presence include mergers and acquisitions, providing a customized solution, and business partnership with other key players. Furthermore, as part of their commercialization strategies, companies are investing significant sums of money in developing new products and platforms with enhanced and improved features.
Some prominent players in the global population health management market include
- McKesson Corporation
- Cerner Corporation
- Conifer Health Solutions LLC
Order a free sample PDF of the Population Health Management Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519