Yellow, box-shaped, living on the seabed and always cheerful, is one of the depictions of the Spongebob Squarepants character. Of course you are familiar with this cartoon character. Spongebob appeared on the small screen in 1999 and is the work of a cartoonist named Stephen Hillenburg.
Along the way, Spongebob Squarepants has changed creative director twice. Namely Derek Drymon in 1999-2004 and Vincent Waller in 2004 until now.
Although it is widely known by many people including children around the world, this animated film under the auspices of Nickelodeon also has many facts that not many people know. What are you? Popbela has put it together for you. Read on!
1. If you really want to visit a restaurant that is very similar to the Krusty Krab, there is a replica of the restaurant that is exactly the same as the Krusty Krab in Palestine
2. Remember the Sailor Mouth episode? When Hillenburg wanted to make it, many people did not agree because the language used was considered too harsh for children. Finally Hillenburg replaced it with the sound of a dolphin
3. In 2011 a new mushroom named Spongiforma squarepantsii was inspired by Spongebob Squarepants because of its porous and almost square shape
4. You must be familiar with the sound of Spongebob Squarepants’ laughter ringing in your ears. It turns out that the sound of Spongebob’s laughter was inspired by the sound of dolphins
5. Carolyn Lawrence admits that since she got the role of Sandy Cheeks, she often gets letters from inmates in prisons in the United States. He said that the inmates there were inspired by the spirit of the character Sandy that he brought
6. Remember the character Squidward who really hates Spongebob? According to Squidward’s actor, Roger Bumpass, Squidward actually likes Spongebob even though it is only shown in a few episodes
7. Who would have thought, Barrack Obama also really enjoyed this Spongebob Squarepants cartoon. Several times Obama was seen watching Spongebob with his daughter