Lufthansa Airlines is one of the largest and most reputable airlines in the world, known for its high-quality service and attention to detail. The airline’s pet quarantine policy for international travel is designed to ensure the safety and well-being of both pets and passengers. In this blog post, we will take a closer look at Lufthansa’s pet quarantine policy and what pet owners need to know before traveling with their furry companions. Before you travel with your pet check out the latest lufthansa airlines pet policy 2023.
- Lufthansa only allows cats and dogs to travel as checked baggage.
- Pets must be at least 8 weeks old and have all necessary vaccinations.
- Pets must be accompanied by a health certificate issued by a veterinarian no more than 10 days before the date of departure.
- Pets must be transported in an IATA-approved pet carrier that is large enough for them to stand, turn around, and lie down comfortably.
- Pets traveling to certain countries may be subject to quarantine upon arrival.
- It is the responsibility of the pet owner to research and comply with the quarantine requirements of the country of destination before traveling.
- Quarantine periods can vary depending on the country, and can range from a few days to several months.
- Lufthansa will not be responsible for any costs associated with quarantine or for any other expenses incurred as a result of the quarantine regulations of the country of destination.
Booking and Fees
- Pet owners must inform Lufthansa of their intention to travel with a pet well in advance of the departure date.
- An additional fee is charged for transporting pets as checked baggage. The fee varies depending on the route and the weight of the pet.
- Pets traveling in the cabin with their owners are not allowed on Lufthansa flights.
Lufthansa Airlines has a strict pet quarantine policy for international travel to ensure the safety and well-being of both pets and passengers. Pet owners must comply with all requirements and research the quarantine regulations of their destination country. Lufthansa will not be responsible for any costs associated with quarantine or other expenses incurred as a result of the quarantine regulations. It is important to inform Lufthansa in advance and pay the additional fee for transporting pets as checked baggage.