QuickBooks provides a whole gamut of advanced tools and features to small and medium-sized companies worldwide. As its user base is continuously increasing, a number of users are interested in the QuickBooks Data Migration. Many users want to move their QuickBooks Desktop along with company files to another computer and they search for different ways to do the same.
This blog will explain the easiest process for migrating QB Data in a step-by-step fashion, so you should stick to this blog till the end.
If you want the assistance of a qualified expert for QuickBooks Data Migration, just dial +1 800-579-9430 to contact our QB Professionals Team.
Step-by-Step Process for QuickBooks Desktop Migration and Company Files Migration to a New System
The easiest way to accomplish QuickBooks Desktop Migration and Company Files Migration to a New System is explained below:
Read more :- QuickBooks error 6176
Case 1: Shifting QuickBooks Desktop to another Computer by Using the Migrator Tool
- First and foremost, you must open your old computer, and then you should launch the QB Desktop to strike on the ‘Utilities’ tab situated under the ‘File’ menu, and thereafter, you need to hit the ‘Move QuickBooks to another computer’ option.
- Afterwards, you have to quickly tap on the ‘I’m Ready’ option to generate a password, and then you must proceed rapidly to choose the USB file drive where the relevant files will get copied.
- Once all the relevant QB files are successfully copied into the USB drive, you should open your new computer, and then you need to insert the USB flash drive into it.
- Thereafter, your task is to launch the USB flash drive on the new computer and then open the Migrator Tool by double-clicking on the ‘Move_QuickBooks.bat’ file.
- At this step, it is necessary that you should type the password that you had earlier created, and then you should hit the ‘Let’s go’ button to commence the Migrator Tool.
- Once the Migrator Tool has finished its execution, you can log into the payroll services and then start working on the QB Desktop on your new computer.
Case 2: Relocate your remaining company files from the old computer to the new computer
Although the Migrator Tool successfully transfers most of the QB Desktop files to your new computer, it shifts only the last three company files that were accessed on your old system. Here is the process to shift the remaining company files efficiently to your new system:
- First and foremost, you need to create a backup of the company file on your old computer that you wish to relocate to your new computer, and once you have done so, you must copy that backup file to a USB flash drive.
- Thereafter, you must insert that USB flash drive into your new computer, and then you need to launch the QB Desktop to restore the backup copy of the company file.
- At this step, you just need to update your payroll if you use the payroll service, and then you can start using the company file on your new system.
The process that you read in this blog is the most reliable process for QuickBooks Data Migration, and it is necessary to implement it in the correct sequence. For more assistance and support, dial +1 800-579-9430 to contact our QB Experts Team.
Related articles :-