In-vitro Toxicology Testing Industry Overview
The global in-vitro toxicology testing market size was estimated at USD 22.7 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.7% from 2021 to 2028.
Significant advancements in toxicology science are one of the primary factors driving the market. Also, high costs associated with conventional animal tests and socio-ethical concerns associated with animal tests are anticipated to boost the growth of the market for in-vitro toxicology testing.
As in-vitro toxicology studies can help in minimizing liabilities related to late-stage failure in the drug discovery process, a high number of research studies and drug development programs for COVID-19 are expected to accelerate the market for in-vitro toxicology testing. More than 590 drugs for COVID-19 are in the development program as of November 2020. Such a high number of drug development programs is anticipated to boost the demand for in vitro toxicology testing services.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global In-vitro Toxicology Testing Market
Significant advancements in in-vitro toxicology assays to evaluate drug product safety along with the assessment of the potential effect of pharmaceuticals on cells and tissues are anticipated to bolster revenue generation in the market. With an increase in the need for such assays, companies have broadened their portfolio to serve demand in the market for in-vitro toxicology testing.
Availability of different methods in biotechnology and bioinformatics division to carry out in-silico simulation on animal models is also attributive for influencing industry growth through to 2028. Moreover, the development of toxicology databases for in-silico analysis of different compounds is anticipated to fuel demand for in-vitro techniques thereby leading to sector progress.
Considerable government funding for research coupled with definite reimbursement policies to develop automated and technologically advanced equipment for laboratory analysis and ex-vivo studies is expected to enhance market stability. On the contrary, unavailability of immunity testing and immune stimulation in current in-vitro tests is expected to hamper the growth of this industry.
Browse through Grand View Research's Biotechnology Industry Research Reports.
- Biotechnology Market – The global biotechnology market size was valued at USD 752.88 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.83% from 2021 to 2028. The market is driven by favorable government initiatives owing to the growth of the biotechnology sector in developing countries, such as India and China. Government initiatives are oriented towards modernizing the drug regulatory pathway, standardizing clinical studies, improving reimbursement policies, and speeding up the product approval process.
- Bioinformatics Market – The global bioinformatics market size was valued at USD 3.51 billion in 2013. Growing demand in the process of novel drug R&D and private and public funding initiatives to support R&D exercises are expected to be the key factors driving the market during the forecast period.
In-vitro Toxicology Testing Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global in-vitro toxicology testing market on the basis of end-use, technology, method, application, and region:
- In-vitro Toxicology Testing End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 – 2028)
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Cosmetics & Household Products
- Academic Institutes and Research Laboratories
- Chemical Industry
- Food Industry
- In-vitro Toxicology Testing Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 – 2028)
- Cell Culture Technology
- High Throughput Technology
- Molecular Imaging
- OMICS Technology
- In-vitro Toxicology Testing Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 – 2028)
- Systemic Toxicology
- Dermal Toxicity
- Endocrine Disruption
- Occular toxicity
- In-vitro Toxicology Testing Method Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 – 2028)
- Cellular Assay
- Live Cells
- High Throughput / High Content Screening
- Molecular Imaging
- Confocal Microscopy
- Fixed Cells
- Live Cells
- Biochemical Assay
- Cellular Assay
- In-vitro Toxicology Testing Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Market Share Insights
- August 2019: Abbott signed an agreement with Intoximeters, which gave Intoximeters exclusive distribution rights to Abbott's SoToxa Mobile Test System, a handheld oral fluid solution for drugs and alcohol testing in the U.S. The product enables the testing of methamphetamine, benzodiazepines, amphetamine, cocaine, cannabis (THC), and opiates.
- November 2019: The U.S. National Institute for Environmental Health Sciences wanted to give assets to little organizations to the improvement of the U.S. National Institute for Environmental Health Sciences.
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the global in-vitro toxicology testing market include
- Merck KGaA
- Charles River
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Catalent, Inc.
- GE Healthcare
- Quest Diagnostics Incorporated
- Eurofins Scientific
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings
- Creative Bioarray
- SGS SA
- Agilent Technologies
Order a free sample PDF of the In-vitro Toxicology Testing Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519