Brother printers are one of the reliable printer brands in the market. They are cost effective printers with high speed printing. If you are using the correct ink with your Brother printer of the same brand, it will consume less ink to print high quality documents and images making it a efficient device for printing or scanning. Brother printers are available in different models for your every need. You can use them for printing, scanning and faxing documents. Brother printers also support the wireless printing technology saving you the hassle of connecting wires everywhere which also makes them space savers and your working desk looks more organized. But sometimes you face issues like Brother printers not printing while printing a document and it can hamper your work. There are many reasons due to which you can face the issue where Brother printer is not responding to the print commands. Let’s have a look at some of those caused.
Causes for Brother printer not responding:
- The wires and cables connected to the printer has not been plugged in correctly.
- There is no ink or low ink levels in the printer.
- The connection between the printer and device is lost.
- The printer is not connected to the Wi-Fi losing the internet connection.
- The printer has not been configured correctly.
- The printer has not been selected as the default printing device on your computer.
- The Brother printer is set to use printer offline mode.
- The printing queue is stuck.
These are some of the probable causes of Brother printer not responding to the print commands and not making prints. Now, let’s have a look at some of the Brother printer offline fix. You can go through some of the troubleshooting ways to fix the offline error of your printer.
Ways to resolve Brother printer not responding:
- Make sure that all the wires and cables are attached properly to the printer. Also check, that the cables should not be deteriorated.
- The most basic requirement for any printer for making prints is the ink. Therefore, check the ink levels of your printer and replace the ink cartridges if required.
- Go to the settings and connect your printer and Wi-Fi through the WPS method. It establishes a wireless connection between the router and printer.
- Navigate to settings and set the Brother printer as the default printing device on your computer or the device through which you are printing.
- Disable the feature of use printer offline under printer and drivers settings.
- Check for the latest updates and upgrade your printer.
- The device you are using should also be updated and compatible with the Brother printer model.
- Cancel all the documents in the printing queue and give the commands one by one.
Follow the steps mentioned above and your offline error should be fixed. Besides that, also make sure that the printer is clean thoroughly. Run a cleaning command to get rid of the caches and cookies. Clean the printer extremely. Remove any debris from the printer. If you still face any trouble printing, contact the technical expert for a guided solution.