Email is the most effective way to communicate with clients, and QuickBooks also provides this functionality to its users. They can connect with clients, vendors and suppliers for sales and marketing purposes. While communicating with clients through email, users sometimes get QuickBooks email not working error. Incorrect webmail preferences and damaged Outlook are the leading causes of the error. Jump to other sections of the blog to learn about causes and troubleshooting solutions to fix error sending emails from QuickBooks.
Getting QuickBooks email not working error? Don’t panic. Give a call on the QuickBooks tech support number +1 800-579-9430 and connect with certified QuickBooks professionals for advanced assistance
What are the prime reasons behind error sending emails from QuickBooks?
The list of causes that trigger the email error are as follows:
- Email settings in Windows and QuickBooks are not set up correctly.
- There are some compatibility issues between QuickBooks and MS Outlook.
- MAPI32.dll file required for QuickBooks email functionality are damaged or corrupted.
- QuickBooks and Outlook are not installed correctly on Windows.
- The email client Outlook is not set up correctly.
Implement the troubleshooting methods discussed in the blog below carefully to fix this QuickBooks email error from the root.
Read more :- QuickBooks unable to backup company file
Methods to Fix QuickBooks send email using Outlook error
Method 1. Fix email errors by updating QuickBooks to the latest version
- Close the company file, exit the QuickBooks Desktop application and go to the Windows Start menu.
- Locate the QuickBooks icon among the list of programs, right-click it and choose the Run as administrator option.
- When the No Company Open window shows up, choose the Help menu and click Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Choose the Options menu, click Mark All, and then the Save button.
- From the Update Now tab, mark the Reset Update checkbox to clear previous updates and click the Get Updates button.
- Complete the update process, restart the QuickBooks application and accept the prompt to install the update.
Method 2. Reset webmail preferences to fix email error
- In QuickBooks, go to the top menu bar and click the Edit menu.
- From the Edit menu, choose Preferences and click Send Forms.
- Go to the My Preferences tab, choose the email account you are using and select Edit.
- Click on the SSL box or choose Default. Ensure the name in the server name field matches email provider settings.
- Click OK and then close the window.
Method 3. Give a new name to the MAPI32.dll file
- Restart Windows, click the Windows key on your keyboard to open the search Programs and Files search box.
- Enter C:\Program Files (x86)\ Common Files\ System\ MSMAPI\ 1033 in the search box and press the Enter key.
- Look for the MAPI32.dll file, choose the Rename option and change the name of the file by adding .OLD at the end.
This blog has covered the most reliable troubleshooting solutions that will help you resolve QuickBooks email not working error. If none of them help you fix the issue, connect with the QuickBooks technical support team for assistance by calling us on our customer support number +1 800-579-9430.
Related articles :-