Cogitate was the result of insurance veterans joining hands with tech experts, making them perfect for insurance companies that are looking to automate or digitize their services. We are leaders in accelerated digital insurance for wholesale brokers, MGAs, and carriers. In this blog, we will cover one of our clients, Southern General Insurance Company (SGIC), their challenges, and how our team overcame those challenges and improved their results. Let’s take a deeper dive into all of the details of this incredible journey.
About Southern General Insurance Company (SGIC)
Through MGA Wholesale Insurance Broker and Insurance House, Southern General Insurance Company (SGIC), a provider of property and casualty insurance, offers independent agents personal lines insurance products. Coverage is sold in Alabama, Delaware, Georgia, Florida, Maryland, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina , Tennessee , Virginia , and Washington D.C.
Challenges faced by SGIC
SGIC faced slippage in the identification of attorney demand letters, and adjusters overlooked a number of cases that resulted in claims of bad faith. Their team also claimed that managing responses and keeping track of conversations with the claimants’ solicitors proved to be challenging tasks.
The manual approach that they had been using was time-consuming, expensive, and prone to errors, and the danger of bad-faith exposures to SGIC was always substantial. In certain cases, these problems resulted in litigation with hefty defense and settlement costs. To automate the demand letter detection and monitoring process, SGIC chose Cogitate DemandAssist.
How we helped SGIC
One of the major factors that helped SGIC gain our trust was our understanding of insurance. After going through all the challenges they were facing using their previous methods, we instilled four features that could help them overcome all the challenges. Here is the list of those features:
- OCR and text mining of documents from ImageRight (SGIC’s document management system)
- AI and machine learning for high-precision pattern identification of attorney demand letters
- Automated, integrated notification service to alert the adjuster team of demand letters and response deadlines for zero slippage.
- Track negotiation details with attorneys, such as offer amounts and the dates presented.
All these features helped them successfully navigate through their challenges and get the desired results.
These were the results that SGIC obtained after our input:
- 99.20% demand identification accuracy from their previous 64.36%.
- $2.4 million in demands identified (monthly average).
- A massive 48% reduction in demand handling cycle time
- New demand identification is down from 5 days to less than 24 hours.
- 15,000+ pages of accelerated identification processed daily.
Our partnership with SGIC was an exciting project that turned out to be a massive success. “We have opted for Cogitate DigitalEdge for its future-ready digital insurance platform capabilities coupled with the wide range of state-of-the-art features,” said Diane Boyer, Vice President of Operations at Southern General Insurance Company. You can visit our website to contact us or learn more about our services.