A naturally occurring waste product that the muscles produce is creatinine. It is found in the blood and urine and is eliminated by the kidneys. A high amount of creatinine in the blood or urine may indicate that the kidneys are not doing an excellent job removing harmful substances from the body. Elevated creatinine treatment is required in such cases to ensure that the kidneys function properly.
Excessive protein consumption, strenuous activity, and the use of specific drugs or supplements can all contribute to elevated creatinine levels. And to reduce high creatinine levels, you should follow a diet for high creatinine. Doctors frequently use a creatinine test to assess how effectively the kidneys work. Following the tests, the appropriate natural creatinine treatment plan is carried out.
There are several Ayurvedic remedies that can heal your kidneys and get your creatinine level back to normal. It is advantageous to undergo an ayurvedic creatinine treatment to determine the proper level of creatinine in the blood and to heal the kidney.
What causes high creatine levels in the body?
There are several causal factors that lead to increased creatinine levels in the body. These are:
Kidney obstruction can result from any restriction of urine flow, such as hot flashes or kidney stones. This obstruction may cause a buildup of urine in the kidney, which would affect the kidney’s capacity to operate correctly. This is called Hydronephrosis. Blood creatinine values might increase if blockages impact both kidneys in a person.
Excessive protein consumption
Proteins contain creatinine; therefore, consuming more than the advised amount of them might have a negative impact on a person’s level of activity and raise their post-meal creatinine levels. It’s essential to keep in mind that diet might affect a patient’s creatinine levels.
Symptoms of High Creatinine levels
- urine that is frothy or bubbling due to high protein levels
- uncomfortable and frequent urination
- renal infection
- back, side, or groin pain
- fluid retention
- slow-healing wounds
- increased appetite and thirst
- cramping in the muscles of the legs or feet
Foods to avoid with high creatinine
People having kidney issues may need to control these essential nutrients, such as potassium, sodium, and phosphorus. Discussing your unique diet plan with your doctor or dietician is recommended. Here are some tips to follow the best diet for high creatinine:
What Should You Know About Sodium And Salt In Kidney Diet Plan?
Salt is one of the most widely used seasonings. It will take time to get used to reducing salt in your diet. Sodium is a mineral that is found in salt.
However, reducing your salt intake is essential in controlling your kidney problem.
Here are a few recommendations for you to reduce your salt/sodium intake:
- You can ignore salt while cooking.
- Do not put extra salt on top of your food while eating.
- Read your food labels. You need to avoid more than 300 mg of sodium per serving. Avoid foods that contain salt in the first few items of the ingredients list.
- You must avoid eating bacon, ham, sausage, lunch meats, hot dogs, nuggets, or chicken tenders. It would be best to eat reduced-sodium soups that do not contain potassium chloride. You can check this on the food label. Also, do not eat the whole can; only 1 cup is sufficient.
- You must choose only canned vegetables that quote “no salt added” on the label.
- Do not use flavored salts such as onion, garlic, sea, or seasoned salt.
- Be sure to look for lower or no salt at all added options for your favorite foods, such as box mixes or peanut butter.
What Should You Know About Potassium In Kidney Diet Plan?
Potassium is a mineral involved in muscle functioning. When your kidneys do not work correctly, potassium builds up in your blood. This will cause some fluctuations in how your heart beats and can also possibly lead to a heart attack or heart stroke.
Potassium is found in vegetables, milk, meats, and fruits. You will need to avoid some vegetables and fruits and limit the amount of others.
Potassium-rich foods that you need to avoid are:-
- Melons such as honeydew and cantaloupe. This does not include watermelons.
- Oranges and their juice
- Prune juice
- Tomatoes, tomato juice, and tomato sauce
- All kinds of dried beans
- Nuts and nut butter
What Should You Know About Phosphorus In Kidney Diet Plan?
Phosphorus is another mineral that will build up in your blood when your kidneys are not working correctly. When this happens, calcium can be pulled from your bones and can collect in blood vessels or skin. Bone disease can become an issue, making a person more likely to get a bone break.
Here are some tips to reduce phosphorus in your diet:-
- Dairy foods are a significant source of phosphorus in your diet, so try to limit milk to 1 cup per day. If you are using cheese or yogurt rather than liquid milk, you must consume 1.5 ounces of cheese or one container of yogurt daily.
- Some vegetables, including dried beans, greens, broccoli, mushrooms, and Brussels sprouts, must be limited to one weekly.
- Some cereals must be limited to one serving per week, including wheat cereals, granola, bran, or oatmeal.
- Soft drinks also contain phosphorus, so make sure to drink only clear ones. It would be best to avoid beer because it contains phosphorus.
Ayurveda for High Creatinine Treatment
Ayurveda is one of the best ways to treat the increased creatinine levels in the body. Several detoxification therapies, herbal medicines, natural remedies, diet, and lifestyle changes may aid in an individual’s overall well-being.
Kidney disease can be because of the vitiation of three doshas vata, pitta, and kapha. Vitiation of these doshas is primarily because of unhealthy and sedentary food habits. It may also be due to complications of other medical problems.
Medication, lifestyle, and diet also play an important role in correcting the dosha imbalance. Lifestyle and diet changes are necessary to get the best results, and they also help prevent the disease’s recurrence.
To get the best high creatinine diet and treatment, Karma Ayurveda experts are always here to assist you with the best. Our specialists can help you and provide the finest therapy for your problems. We work hard to give you the best and most efficient treatments to speed up the process of recovery.
To reduce the Creatinine level, Ayurveda uses Panchkarma, Shirodhara, Abhaygana, sunlight treatment, mud therapy, hydrotherapy, etc. These therapies help the kidneys gradually recover and renew. One can restore kidney function with only Ayurveda medicine by undergoing these procedures, a proper diet, yoga, exercise, and drinking enough water.