Flooring Industry Overview
The global flooring market size was valued at USD 388.24 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.1% from 2021 to 2028.
Increasing government spending on infrastructural development is expected to play an important role in augmenting the demand for flooring. The rising need for comfort and privacy owing to noisier surroundings has spurred the demand for insulation across the flooring market as a well-insulated floor creates an improved sound environment. This has resulted in the growing demand for insulation, thereby supporting market growth. Moreover, consumer preferences for aesthetically improved designs, textures, & colors and low-maintenance & easy-to-install floorings are anticipated to ascend the market growth.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Flooring Market
Strong industrial and economic development coupled with population expansion is likely to have a positive impact on the product demand over the forecast period. In addition, the development of private-sector construction companies in India, China, and the UAE is anticipated to aid the construction spending, thereby benefiting the overall market growth.
The development of hassle-free installation techniques, availability of innovative construction solutions, and the rising demand for environmentally sustainable products are anticipated to fuel the industry growth. The presence of a stringent regulatory framework on the production, usage, implementation, and recycling is also likely to have a positive impact on the market growth.
Increasing investments and continuous R&D in flooring products have led to the introduction of flooring materials with enhanced durability and strength. Moreover, customization options, in terms of color, texture, and finishing, offered by the manufacturers have contributed to higher product demand, thereby augmenting the market growth.
Browse through Grand View Research's Advanced Interior Materials Industry Research Reports.
- Resilient Flooring Market – The global resilient flooring market size was estimated at USD 38.7 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.2% from 2021 to 2028. Increasing investments in the construction sector coupled with rising demand for improvements in aesthetics of the building is anticipated to drive the demand for resilient floorings over the forecast period.
- Floor Covering Market – The global floor covering market size was valued at USD 364.6 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.5% from 2022 to 2028. The market is majorly driven by rising urbanization and the expansion of ultramodern workspaces.
Flooring Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global flooring market on the basis of product, application, and region:
Flooring Product Outlook (Volume, Million Square Meters; Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- Soft Covering
Flooring Application Outlook (Volume, Million Square Meters; Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
Flooring Regional Outlook (Volume, Million Square Meters; Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America (CSA)
- Middle East & Africa
Market Share Insights
- September 2019: Belgium-based Beaulieu International Group's particular division, Beaulieu Flooring Solutions, sent off its original plastic free rug called Rewind.
- November 2019: Shaw Industries, the US-based cover maker, created COMFOR3TTM, the organization's new delicate deck answer for places with weighty pedestrian activity.
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the global flooring market include
- Mohawk Industries, Inc.
- Tarkett, S.A.
- AFI Licensing
- Shaw Industries, Inc.
- Interface, Inc.
- Mannington Mills, Inc.
Order a free sample PDF of the Flooring Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519