The Payroll Service feature in QuickBooks Desktop deals with your business’s employees’ taxes and wages. Encountering errors while downloading payroll updates can be the worst as it can restrict you from availing of some of the most crucial payroll services. One such error is QuickBooks error 15215 that arises while downloading the payroll updates, and it crashes with some other program that is already running in the background. Your screen shows a message, “ Error 15215: Unable to verify digital signature’. If you want to know what causes the error and how to eliminate it, read this article till the end.
Call us at our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784 and speak to our team of QuickBooks experts in order to take help from them to fix the QuickBooks Desktop error 15215
Why does Error 15215 in QuickBooks Comes Up?
The error code 15215 can trigger due to the following reasons-
- You cannot connect to the update server in case your Windows firewall settings are incorrect.
- If you are not using your QuickBooks Desktop as the Windows Administrator.
Recommended To Read: How To Fix QuickBooks Abort Error
Methods to Fix the Payroll Update Installation Error 15215
If you are encountering the error code 15215 due to the reasons mentioned above and are looking for the most useful solutions to fix it, check out the following steps-
SOLUTION 1: Use your QuickBooks as the Windows Administrator
- If the QuickBooks Desktop application is already running, then exit it.
- Now, go to the QuickBooks Desktop icon and right-click on it.
- Tap on the ‘Run as Administrator’ option.
- A dialog box might appear on the screen with a message, “Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer?,” hit ‘Yes’.
You May Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Won’t Open
SOLUTION 2: Restart Windows in Selective Startup Mode and Switch it back to the Normal Startup Mode
- Exit the QuickBooks program if running.
- Now, press “Windows + R” to open the ‘Run’ command and then type ‘MSConfig.
- Hit ‘OK’; The ‘System Configuration Utility’ will open.
- Next, select the ‘Selective Startup’ checkbox and uncheck the ‘Load Startup Items’ checkbox.
- Tap ‘OK’ and restart your system. Once you restart the computer, run your QuickBooks Desktop to install the recent version of payroll updates.
- Once it gets installed, go back to the ‘System Configuration Utility’.
- This time, choose ‘Normal Startup’ and hit ‘OK’.
- At last, restart your computer system.
The given solutions if followed properly will fix the QuickBooks error 15215. If they does not, then you must try to reboot your computer system in order to get rid of any blocked connections. For quick solutions, you can also consult one of our QuickBooks experts by dialing our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784 and get error code 15215 resolved in minutes.
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 12007