QuickBooks Point of Sale is designed by intuit to track the daily dales in the retail businesses. It records the data of transactions, classifies the most selling products and analyses customers’ shopping history to help the business owner create an inventory for maximum profits. It organizes discounts on specific items and supports multiple payment modes, which helps to boost sales. But, it can develop issues while transferring the overall sales data to QuickBooks Desktop. The users can face QuickBooks Error 3120 if the account mapping is incorrect in QuickBooks POS. If you also encountered this error while syncing the data between the programs, read the blog to find out the most effective methods against this error.
Contact our QB support team at +1-855-856-0042 for any QuickBooks-related queries.
About this error
This error occurs while transferring the data between QuickBooks Point of Sale and QuickBooks Desktop. QuickBooks POS temporarily holds the sales data and then feeds it back to QuickBooks Desktop as the end-of-day report. This error occurs if the accounts aren’t appropriately mapped in QuickBooks POS or there is a discrepancy in the transferred data, which QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t verify. This data syncing between the programs will stop instantly after encountering the error.
The possible reasons which can lead to the development of this error in your QuickBooks Point of Sale are mentioned below-
- The accounts on QuickBooks POS aren’t mapped correctly.
- The sales data is somehow damaged, causing a discrepancy between the programs or with the intuit servers.
- You are using an old version of QuickBooks, causing this issue.
The methods that can easily remove this error are mentioned below-
Also Read: QuickBooks file exists error
Solution 1- Mapping the accounts in QuickBooks POS correctly
An incorrect account mapping in QuickBooks POS is a significant reason for this error. The data exchange will not be complete till you remove this error. Follow the steps mentioned below to do the same-
- Open QuickBooks Point of Sale on your computer.
- Click on File to open a drop-down menu and select Preferences in it.
- Click on
- Under Financials, click on the Accounts
- Navigate to the Basic and Advanced tabs and check if the accounts are mapped correctly.
- If an account name is in brackets like [Account name], it is not mapped, causing this issue.
- Retry to transfer the data between the programs.
If the error is still not resolved, try the next solution.
You may also read: QuickBooks Error PS038
Solution 2- Update the current version of your QuickBooks desktop
An outdated version of QuickBooks can also trigger this error while transferring the data between the programs. Follow the steps to update your QuickBooks-
- OpenQuickBooks on your computer.
- Click on theHelpmenu and select Update QuickBooks Desktopfrom the options.
- Navigate to the Update now tab.
- Mark theReset Update checkbox toremove the previously downloaded updates.
- Click on Get Updates.
These methods will help you to fix this error in your system.
We are at the end of this blog that described the reasons for QuickBooks Error 3120. The practical methods to fix this error were also included. We hope this blog was beneficial and you were able to rectify the error using the methods.
Consult a QB professional for any more queries at +1-855-856-0042.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error OLSU 1024