Credible accounting is a fundamental need for any business to run and grow over time. QuickBooks is a software created to manage users’ bookkeeping and allow them to execute every financial task efficiently. But the software lacks the ability to be error-free due to minor issues that can occur randomly in the software. QuickBooks Error 6147 indicates that the backup file is out of reach, and the software fails to access the file while restoring a backup. If you are also unable to restore a backup file in your QuickBooks because of this error, read this blog to figure out the reasons for this error and the methods to eliminate it.
Dial 1-855-856-0042 to contact a QB support team for your assistance in troubleshooting.
About the issue
This can be considered a company file error as it can interrupt you from accessing a company file or restoring your backup. If the software fails to connect with the backup file when you start the restoration process, these error codes will come up on your computer screen. The ongoing process will be terminated, and you may get logged out of the company file. You cannot work on the company file data, or the software will crash after failing to create a backup.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks Subscription Has Lapsed
The possible reasons for the development of this error in QuickBooks are given below-
- The company file has been damaged and has become unsupported in the software.
- QuickBooks doesn’t have the required folder permissions to access the data file.
- Antivirus or another program running on your computer is blocking QuickBooks functions due to which the software is struggling.
Here are some methods to tackle this company file error in QuickBooks-
Solution 1- Run QuickBooks in Administrator mode
You can encounter this error when background processes for QuickBooks stop responding or crash unexpectedly due to interruption from other programs running on your PC. Using the Admin mode grants QuickBooks all the permissions required while accessing the file. Follow the steps given below-
- Go to the search panel on your taskbar and type ‘QuickBooks.’
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon in the search results and select Run as administrator.
- Try to access the file or restore your backup in this mode.
If the issue persists, move on to the next method.
Solution 2- Use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
The company file can be repaired using the File Doctor Tool present in the QuickBooks Tool hub. You should always use the latest version of QB Tool hub available on the official website and follow the steps given below-
- Open the QuickBooks Tool hub and click on Company file issues.
- Select Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- Select your company file from the list or use Browse.
- Enter your QB Admin password and run the tool.
- Reopen QuickBooks and try to access the company file.
The issue will be resolved after using the methods given above.
This brings us to the end of our blog that explains QuickBooks Error 6147 and the reasons it occurs in the software. Some methods to fix this error were also mentioned in the blog, which can be used to eliminate this error from QuickBooks.
Resolve any remaining queries by consulting a QB ProAdvisor professional reachable at 1-855-856-0042.