QuickBooks is an accounting software that provides the convenience of filing taxes, conducting payroll, creating accounting reports, and many other monetary tasks. The financial data is stored in your hard drive or the cloud as company files. The software can sometimes introduce issues like QuickBooks Error 6094 while connecting to the company file. The error will lock you out of your financial data and leads to a software crash in return for every attempt to access the file. If you also encountered this issue while opening your company file, read the reasons for this error and the methods to rectify it in the blog further.
Resolve this company file error with the assistance of a QB support team available at 1-855-856-0042.
The below-mentioned conditions give rise to this error in QuickBooks-
- AVG Antivirus or Windows firewall block QuickBooks processes in the background causing a malfunction in the software.
- The Database Server Manager has suddenly stopped running due to damaged .nd or .tlg files.
- The company file is damaged, and the software struggles to process it.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks Error 1334
The methods that can help tackle this issue in QuickBooks are given below-
Solution 1- Prevent the QuickBooks directory from getting scanned by the AVG antivirus
This error mainly occurs when QuickBooks functions get blocked by the AVG Antivirus installed on your PC. The Antivirus can also restrict the software from accessing the company file inside a folder or in a multi-user network. In some cases, other antiviruses can also cause a failure while opening a company file. You must remove qbdmgr.exe and qbdmgrn.exe from the blocked list of your antivirus. Refer to the underneath steps for configuring the AVG antivirus settings-
- Close QuickBooks on your PC and open the AVG antivirus.
- Go to the Resident shield option and choose Manage Exceptions.
- Click on Add pathand type C:\Program files\Intuit (Location of your QuickBooks folder).
- Tap Okand select Save Changes.
You’ll have to remove all the QuickBooks files quarantined by the AVG Antivirus. Follow the step below to find the quarantined files-
- Open the AVG antivirus on your computer and click on History.
- Select Virus Vaultand manually locate the quarantined files. (qb.exe, qbdbmgr.exe, qb32.exe, etc.)
- Click on the file to select it, tap Restore,and then Close.
Use the following steps to check the installation directory for any renamed files-
- Go to your QuickBooks folder and look for any renamed files. (The file name will have AVG_RESTORED)
- Right-click on the file and tap Rename.
- Type the original name of the file and save it.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and try to re-access the company file.
If the error is not fixed, try the next method below.
Solution 2- Utilize Quick fix my file
QuickBooks Tool hub is a one-stop solution for minor issues that develop in the software. You must always use the newest (188.8.131.52) version of the QuickBooks Tool hub on your PC. Follow the steps if you have already installed it-
- Click on the Company file issuesoption in the QB Tool hub.
- Select Quick fix my fileand wait till the process is over.
- Retry opening the company file in QuickBooks.
The company file will open without any issues after using the methods.
You are now well aware of the conditions that encourage QuickBooks Error 6094 on your PC. Try using the solutions to resolve this error from your QuickBooks Desktop.
If you face any issues while using the methods, contact a QB ProAdvisor support team at 1-855-856-0042.
Also read: Easy ways to eliminate QuickBooks Error H505