QuickBooks is full of advanced features that make accounting operations easier. To execute some online services, it allows users to connect with the bank. Unfortunately, some users come across QuickBooks OL 301 error while connecting to the bank. The error appears with a message from the financial institution saying the account info has changed or online services are disabled. Continue reading the blog to learn about the causes and then implement the troubleshooting solutions to fix the QuickBooks OL 301 bank of America error.
If you end up with QuickBooks OL 301 error while connecting with the bank and need assistance to fix it, give a call on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 to connect with certified QuickBooks professionals.
What factors are responsible for error OL 301 in QuickBooks?
- There are some communication issues and QuickBooks can’t connect with the bank.
- Bank can’t confirm the identity of QuickBooks user using online services.
- Security notification from the bank are missed and needs to be acknowledged.
You May Read Also: How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 12002
Most Reliable Methods to Rectify QuickBooks online banking error OL 301
Method 1. Make a test company file to find out the root cause
- Open QuickBooks, go to the File menu and choose New Company.
- Choose Express Start or Start Setup and then go to the Setup window.
- Enter details in the required fields and choose Create Company.
- Click Start Working. If the error keeps happening, there may be a problem with the connection from your bank. If you don’t get any error, proceed to solutions as there is no problem with your bank.
Method 2. Reset QuickBooks connections with the bank
- In QuickBooks, select the Lists menu and choose Chart of Accounts.
- From the bottom of the Chart of Accounts menu, choose Include inactive and turn off bank feeds for active and inactive accounts.
- To turn off bank feeds, choose Chart of Accounts from the Lists menu and right-click the account you want to turn off.
- Click Edit Account, move to Bank Settings and choose Deactivate all online services.
- Select OK, then click the Save & Close button.
If you use QuickBooks on Mac:
- Choose Charts of Accounts from the Lists menu, highlight the account and click the Edit button.
- Select Online Settings, then Download Transactions and click Not enabled.
- Click the OK button to confirm.
Once done, restart QuickBooks and turn on Bank Feeds for each account.
Method 3. Fix company file issues by running the Rebuild Data tool
- Within QuickBooks, choose the File menu and hover over Utilities.
- Click Rebuild Data, go to the QuickBooks Information window, and follow the instructions given on the screen to generate a backup.
- The repair will start when the backup completes. QuickBooks might seem stuck, but the tool is running as long as you can move your cursor.
- When the Rebuild Data tool finishes, click OK and select the File menu.
- Choose Utilities, click Verify Data and wait till the tool checks the file for data issues.
If QuickBooks OL 301 error doesn’t fix even after following the above-discussed troubleshooting steps, it means there is severe damage to data. Get direct consultation or advanced troubleshooting assistance from the QuickBooks support team to fix the same by calling us on our helpline number 1.855.738.2784.
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 3371 Satus Code 11118