QuickBooks error codes 6190 and 816 typically occur when the user attempts to access the company file, however the file is being used on a different workstation running in single-user mode. QuickBooks error message 6190-816 shows in the form of a message “QuickBooks is unable to open this company file.” The QuickBooks error message 6190-816 indicates that the user isn’t able open QuickBooks’ QuickBooks corporate file. This blog is about familiarizing users with QuickBooks error message 6190-816, the causes, and possible solutions. stay tuned to the end of the.
If you’ve been suffering from QuickBooks error 6190-816 over a long period of time and are looking for a quick solution to fix it, seek assistance from our certified QuickBooks experts by calling one of our numbers toll-free: 1-(888)-293-0274.
You may read — QuickBooks Error 1712
What are the reasons behind QuickBooks Error 6190-816 in QuickBooks?
Below are a few possible causes for the error.
- You’re using an old version of QuickBooks.
- Another user is logged into the company’s file in single-user mode.
- The QuickBooks company file has been damaged or damaged
Proceed to the troubleshooting process described on the website.
Possible Quick Fixes for QuickBooks error 6190-816
Find the most efficient ways to troubleshoot the problem:
Solution 1. Change the name of QuickBooks’ configuration files
The steps below will assist you change the name of the file:
- Browse to the folder that holds your company’s file.
- Find the company’s documents with .ND or .TLG extensions.
- Then, right-click each file, and select Rename.
- Include .old at the end of each file’s name.
- Open QuickBooks and the company file.
If the above solution failed, proceed to the next step.
Solution 2. Run Quick Fix my Program
Follow these steps to Download QuickBooks Tool Hub in order to run the program:
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Download the most recent version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Move to Downloads and open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file you downloaded.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to install the app and acknowledge the terms and conditions.
- After the installation is complete when the install is complete, an icon for QuickBooks Tool Hub will be displayed on your desktop.
- Start this hub using double-clicking the icon.
- In this hub tool, click the option for Company File Issues.
- Click Quick Fix My File, and then click Click OK.
- Reopen QuickBooks.
We made every effort to assist you in fixing QuickBooks Error 6190 816. If the problem persists after trying to solve it, contact to the QuickBooks Technical Support team dialing the helpline at 1-(888)-293-0274.
Q. What If QuickBooks password not working?
If your QuickBooks admin password not working, Then you can visit the article to learn how to fix it.